From what I've learnt about promoting a game - is that it's 100 times harder than making the game! There are other "indie devs" out there with bigger teams and bigger budgets than me. Personally I feel the term "indie" is being used too much now. I've always considered an Indie dev, to be a very small team, as in 3 developers or less.
From the little promotion I've received the main factors which have helped have been:
- Having a good SEO description, especially on Google Play.
- Received many IOS downloads from here = http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=294272
- Received a few more from = http://www.pockettactics.com/news/out-now-outsorceried-edition/
- Received quite a lot of attention from Phaser's community here = http://phaser.io/news/2016/09/bayou-island and here = http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/25107-complete-bayou-island-point-and-click-adventure-game/
- People seem to be interested in the development of Part 2 on my Twitter here = https://twitter.com/andyhowardgames
Right, that's it for now. On to more work for Part 2!